AVT and our experts...
Auditory Verbal Therapy, commonly referred to as AVT, permits children with hearing impairment to learn to listen, to process verbal language and to speak.
AVT is the application and management of technology, strategies, techniques and procedures to enable children who are deaf or hard of hearing to learn to listen and understand spoken language in order to communicate through speech.
Our goal is that children with hearing impairments will grow up in a regular hearing, learning and living environment that enable them to become independent, participating, and contributing citizens in mainstream society using their voice.
Sarah and Janée look forward to meeting and working with your children.
Sarah Thomas, MS, CCC-SLP, LSLS cert AVT
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorder from The University of Oklahoma.
- Holds Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language, and Hearing Association.
- Certified Auditory-Verbal Therapist.
- Specializes in working with children with hearing impairment and their families helping learn to listen and speak.
Janée Gisclair, MA, CCC-A
- Master of Arts in Audiology from Louisiana Tech University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Disorders from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- Holds Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association.
- Specializes in Cochlear implantation and Pediatric Hearing Aids.
- Prior Work Experience: Pediatric Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid Audiologist and the Callier Center for Communication Disorders from 2002-2007.